Thanks to information technology and technological innovations, the health system is undergoing a profound digital transformation, to the benefit of not only patients, but also health professionals.
E-health offers a number of digital tools and services to create a new way of looking at healthcare in general. This field is undergoing continuous change, and is reflected in various shapes and forms in response to the many challenges linked to the evolution of the healthcare system :
- Solutions to medical desertification and equal opportunities of access to healthcarE
- Remote monitoring of patients and home care for an aging population and the dramatic increase in long term illnesses (telemedicine)
- Secured sharing of patient data to improve the care pathway (single medical file)
- Evolution towards more preventative or even predictive medicine (Big Data and artificial intelligence)
- Development of applications and connected objects
This evolution, which has already begun, will become the norm tomorrow. E-health needs professionals capable of linking information technology and information systems with the world of healthcare.
« E-health should be considered as not just an end in itself, but as a collection of means enabling the improvement of access to healthcare, the quality of care, and patient independence.»
French National Medical Council White Paper